Marriage Intensives have been found to be the most effective way to heal and restore a couple’s marriage.
We provide a safe, accepting and nurturing space to begin the work of identifying root causes of your marital distress. We assess the dynamics and issues and develop a customized treatment plan for each of you as individuals and as a couple.
Marriage Intensives allow couples to escape the distractions of work, children, computer, cell phones, etc. so that spouses can give their undivided attention to each other and to heal their marriage. This time is also extremely helpful for couples who may be on the verge of separation or divorce or in severe pain. Often couples want to give the marriage one last try before making any decisions.
By the end of the intensive couples are equipped to return home with valuable insight, powerful tools and researched proven techniques and principles to apply in their daily lives.
Marriage Intensive Show You How to:
Marriage Intensive is Ideal for You If:
It starts with a 90 min virtual session. There are 3 things we do with our time together.
· . It’s important to get a general foundation of the relationship. We want to know how things got started and how/when things started to go wrong and how long you’ve been stuck.
· It’s important for us to have a clear understanding of what happened and the circumstances behind it. We must discuss the who, what, when, where and how of the affair so we know how to properly prepare for our time together.
· We will journey through a very practical exercise that will that you and your partner have been struggling within your relationship.
We spend three days together. . We will spend about 8-10 hours a day together doing couples sessions, individual sessions, and practical learning. It’s not just to give you both the time alone away from the house. It’s a very practical deep dive intensive work that is designed to produce transformation. We address three recovery areas during the weekend:
· Strangely, a crisis can be a gift to a marriage because it serves to expose the real issues that have gone unresolved in a relationship for far too long. We will work together to create a healthy, mutually-beneficial, long-lasting, closed marriage. With the proper process, tools, and personality assessments that we provide, couples often have a better marriage after a betrayal than what they had before the discovery of the affair.
· In every relationship, there is a betrayed partner and an unfaithful partner, and both are hurting in two very different ways and for two very different reasons. Therefore, working with each of you both individually and collectively will allow you and your spouse to make a significant leap forward in your marriage. The betrayed partner will learn how to heal, regain confidence and self-esteem, genuinely forgive, re-establish trust, overcome triggers, and open up one’s heart to their spouse again. The unfaithful partner will discover the true ‘why’ of the affair, how to help heal and restore the marriage, move beyond guilt and shame, and embrace a new relational code of ethics.
· Unfortunately, most counselors and therapists aren’t skilled or experienced walking couples through a crisis like this. However, we have six steps we take you through that goes from Discover to Recovery:
Step One: Commitment
Step Two: Full Disclosure
Step Three: Affair-Proofing Your Marriage
Step Four: Rebuilding Intimacy in Your Marriage
Step Five: Restoring Trust & Overcoming Triggers
Step Six: The Path to True Forgiveness
We take each couple through a very researched proven process that is both life and marriage transforming. The one word we hear most from our clients after completing the intensive is ‘BREAKTHROUGH!’. And they all unanimously agree that they could never get in weekly sessions what they received in our 3-day private marriage intensive.
Once the three days are over our work in not over. We will provide you with 2 months of After-Care. You will transition into having virtual sessions every other week within a 2-month period. These will be private sessions.
For the 1 2 weeks, you will have 24-hour access to us through an app called Marco Polo. You will be able to
ask any question or address any issue with a quick response time. So, it’s like 24-hour emergency care for 2 weeks.
There's a fantastic group that you become a life-long member. You will join a community of other couples who have been through the program and are all on the path to recovery. After years of working with couples, we've discovered that a community is significant because groups are where you grow.